Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Memories

Greetings:

April for me is one of many and various memories. Both good and not so good. I believe that April is a month that God chooses to work on me.

46 years ago in April, He wooed me and I received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. I can still visualize that Sunday morning, where I was, what was happening, and who God used to lead me to Him. And, I can honestly say that I have never regretted the decision to accept the free gift of salvation that God offered me.

19 years ago I was ordained as a minister of the Gospel. In 1980, I was licensed and recognized by my association of churches as a minister, and after assuming the Pastorate at Trinity in Rockville, they ordained me to the full measure of Minister in April of 1989.

Two years ago, it was April when my father suddenly passed away. Two weeks later, my Mom's oldest sister Dot died, and two weeks later my Uncle Gary died. I performed three funerals for close family in a six-week period. God spoke many things to my heart during this time.

So, each April I listen to hear what lessons God wants to teach me. How is He going to grow me. How is going to impact my life at this time? I hope that you will take time to listen and seek out God's voice this April.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------