Thursday, April 24, 2008

Correct Attitude to Others - Part 16

Greetings:

"If possible, on your part, live at peace with everyone. Friends, do not avenge yourselves; instead, leave room for His wrath. For it is written: Vengeance belongs to Me; I will repay, says the Lord. But
If your enemy is hungry, feed him.
If he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
For in so doing you will be heaping fiery coals on his head." Romans 12: 18-20 (HCSB)

Live at peace with everyone. I don't know about you, but I find this hard. I take comfort in the phrase "If possible..."

However, that phrase does not let me off the hook (like I wish it would). The passage says - If possible live at peace with everyone - giving us the idea that at times it is not possible. And, that is correct. There are people who will not let us live in peace with them. No way, no how.

The catch is the part of the sentence that says, "on your part...." The living peacefully is not predicated on the other person, it is set on you. We are not to seek revenge. We are to seek to bless, rejoice with, weep with, agree with, be honorable, and to seek to live at peace. Not the other person, but me. The onus lies on me. I can't control others, but I can hold myself accountable. So, if I am not living at peace, it is my responsibility to seek peace. I am responsible for peace in "my" world.

Seek peace today.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------