Tuesday, April 29, 2008

National Day of Prayer Points - 2

Greetings:

"But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret." Matthew 6: 6 (HCSB)

Yesterday, Jesus taught us that the primary purpose and focus of prayer is to see God - that is REVERENCE. The next point in His prayer tells us about our RESPONSE - "Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6: 10 (HCSB).

When we focus upon God, then all of our prayer time will be devoted to what He wants. We know that all of heaven exists and consists of doing what God wills. However, here on earth in this present time, not all are following God. We need to first focus upon God, and then prepare ourselves to do His Will. "Jesus, what I want is....., however, what you want is what I want."

Often, and I speak from many personal experiences, what we pray for is not answered the way we want it - nevertheless, upon looking back (as they say, hindsight is always 20/20) we see that what God did is really the best. When my Dad was in the hospital, I prayed for his healing. He died. I asked God why He didn't answer my request. He told me He did - my Dad's health is the best that it ever was, and will be that way forever.

This week as you pray and focus upon God, also turn everything over to His will.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------