Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Start of a Rough Time

Greetings:

Today is April Fool's Day. A day of practical jokes and enjoyment - but for me, it brings a flood of memories.

Two years ago on this day, I received a frantic call from my mother in the hospital. It had been hours since my Dad had left home to come visit her - and he had not appeared. We quickly rushed to Frederick, and began a week of events that I will never forget.

My Dad was suffering from dementia - and had lost his way. For a frantic 24 hours we searched for him. He had virtually disappeared from the face of the earth. When we lose something, we can be frustrated. When we lose an important person, we become paniced.

All night long, I thought about how important this person was to me. I spent hours reflecting back on the many memories of my Dad. To be honest, I think he was the greatest Dad a person could ever wish for. And, I wondered when was the last time that I told him how important he was.

He was found the next day, but later that week he would pass away. I will reflect on that in the coming days. I want to encourage you today - in the midst of frivolity - let those important to you know that fact. Don't be a fool today - don't wait until you can't share with others what they mean to you.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------