Thursday, September 18, 2008

One Sheep

Greetings:

"So He told them this parable: "What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the 99 in the open field and go after the lost one until he finds it? When he has found it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders, and coming home, he calls his friends and neighbors together, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep!' I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don't need repentance." Luke 15: 3-7 (HCSB).

This is one of three parables that Jesus used to teach the importance of a lost soul. The sheep, the coin, and the Prodigal all show the concern that God has for one person. One out of a hundred, one out of ten, and one of two - all important to God.

I have always enjoyed these parables - because I am that one. Jesus cared enough for me that He came and sought me. And that was accomplished through a loving Pastor that I had when I was young. An adult who cared enough to challenge, encourage, convict, and lead me to find the One that I needed.

Today, start walking with others that you can be the one leading to the One. Reach out and help someone see Jesus through your heart, hands, and head.

Oh, by the way, when they come to accept Jesus - God throws a party!

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------