Monday, September 8, 2008

Reach Out and Touch Someone

Greetings:

I recently read a challenging book by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons. The title was unchristian. My son-in-law Kevin read it and loaned it to me to read. I found much of it very challenging thoughts on why the Church is often not effective today. Chapter 12 of this book dealt with the topic "From Unchristian to Christian." The authors believe that many of the negative perceptions that people hold are a symptom of a church that has lost its heart for the lost. Periodically, we will take a journey through the Bible to see how it encourages us as Christians to show concern for those outside of the Faith.

They gave a list of Scriptures to consider. I am going to share these with some of my thoughts from time to time this year. The following days this week, we will look at four of these passages. Join me in searching my (your) heart as to how I (you) stack up to Scriptural ideas of concern for those outside.

I remember the Newsboys' Shine. They chorus went -
"shine
make ´em wonder what you´ve got
make ´em wish that they were not
on the outside looking bored
shine
let it shine before all men
let´em see good works, and then
let ´em glorify the Lord."
Join me as we seek to restore a mindset and heart for those who do not know Jesus Christ.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------