Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Follower or Throng?




February 19

Daily Bible Reading: Mark 3:1 – 21

Verse of the Day: Mark 3:9 – “And he spake to his disciples, that a little boat should wait on him because of the crowd, lest they should throng him:”

When I was growing up, I always pictured Jesus as a lonely Rabbi walking the countryside with 12 loyal followers. I understood that at times some others might have been with Him.

But, as I continued to study and grow in the Word, I became aware of the fact that as Jesus moved, there were large groups of people who moved with Him and gathered wherever He was. The Greek word in our verse above is οχλον and means a multitude of men who have flocked together in some place or a throng. In other words, He was not a lonely figure, but One who could not be noticed wherever He went.

So, the question to consider, am I a true disciple or just one of the crowd?

Prayer: Jesus, may I be counted as one of Your faithful followers and not just one of the throng of those flocked together. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------