Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Unpardonable Sin



February 20

Daily Bible Reading: Mark 3:22 – 35

Verse of the Day: Mark 3:28 – 29 – “Verily I say unto you, All their sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and their blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: but whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit hath never forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin:”

The Unpardonable Sin. People consistently worry about what this sin is, and whether they have committed it. One thing I have learned in my studies is this – If you are concerned over having committed it, you probably didn’t.

So, what is the sin? Jesus says all sins are forgiven except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The word depicts continual action, perpetrated by the individual, and is a possibility if continued. What is it? It is consistently denying the truth brought to the individual by the Holy Spirit that Jesus is God.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, as I pause to pray today, I am thankful that I recognize the Lordship and Deity of God’s Son – Jesus Christ. I place my trust in His Saving Grace. I renew my acceptance of His Person and Grace. Amen.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------