Sunday, February 24, 2019

Where is your faith?




February 24

Daily Bible Reading: Mark 5:21 – 43

Verse of the Day: Mark 5:34 – “And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.”

The Greek word πιστις, means trust or firm persuasion. The verb form then means to believe (see Mark 5:36). To have faith is to let go of our trust in ourselves and place that trust in someone or something else. Faith is only as good as the person or item that it is placed in. That is why the writers of the epistles often used the word πιστις to refer to what one believes, the content of our faith. This truth only comes from God’s written Word (Romans 10:13 and Galatians 1:23). 

So, the question to consider today is simply this – what am I placing my trust in? Myself? My bank account? My doctor? My family? Or, am I placing my faith in the Almighty, Eternal, All-loving God?

Prayer: God of Creation, Father of all, I stop today and reassert my faith in You and Your Son Jesus Christ. My faith is firm because You are firm and unchanging. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------