Saturday, April 27, 2019

Abundant or sacrificial?




April 27

Daily Bible Reading: Luke 21:1 – 9

Verse of the Day: Luke 21:1 – 4 – “And he looked up, and saw the rich men that were casting their gifts into the treasury. And he saw a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, This poor widow cast in more than they all: for all these did of their superfluity cast in unto the gifts; but she of her want did cast in all the living that she had.”

When it comes to giving to God, Jesus teaches us that it is not so much how much we give (this can lead to pride and a works based thought of salvation), but what we have left. Do we give out of abundance or sacrificially? The rich paraded their giving, while the widow gave from her meager supply because she loved God and worshipped Him with her giving.

How do I give? From my abundance or as a sacrifice of praise to God?

Prayer: God, lead me to give to You in full worship and love for all that You have done for me. May what I give reflect a heart overflowing with praise. You say You love a cheerful giver, may I be such a one today. 




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------