Tuesday, July 21, 2020

THE GOSPEL OF JOY IN ADVERSE CIRCUMSTANCES - PHILIPPIANS - THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS CHANNEL

TEXT: Philippians 4: 10-23 (CSB) – “I rejoiced in the Lord greatly because once again you renewed your care for me. You were, in fact, concerned about me but lacked the opportunity to show it. I don’t say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I find myself. I know how to make do with little, and I know how to make do with a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through him who strengthens me. Still, you did well by partnering with me in my hardship. And you Philippians know that in the early days of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving except you alone. For even in Thessalonica you sent gifts for my need several times. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the profit that is increasing to your account. But I have received everything in full, and I have an abundance. I am fully supplied, having received from Epaphroditus what you provided—a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send you greetings. All the saints send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar’s household. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.”

 

 

What a book!  What a living testimony – from a man who learned how to be content. This is real “Rubber meets the Road” Christianity What a grand way to end this letter of thanksgiving. The Philippians had met Paul’s need out of their poverty – Paul reminds them that God will meet their need out of His riches in Jesus Christ.

 

Let’s think about this verse and some GREAT things found in it.

 

The first thing we discovered was a GREAT NEED. Paul then made us aware of a GREAT HELPER. We will saw the GREAT SUPPLIER, and the GREAT RESOURCES. We will finish our study in Philippians today with the GREAT AND GLORIOUS CHANNEL of God.

 

By what channel does God provide for our need? Paul gives us that answer – “In Christ Jesus.” Not by any other means. We get our needs met by the great riches of God – and they come to us by Jesus Christ. Not by a church. Not by a Pastor. Not by others.

 

It comes by Jesus Christ

 

Sometimes, it will appear as if we are being supplied by a church, Pastor, or someone else – but the true channel by which we receive the blessings of God is through His only Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

 

But – there is a stipulation on receiving this blessing. Since the channel of blessing is Jesus Christ, the question then becomes – “Is He a part of your life?” To receive the blessing of God, we must be a part of His family, and that is only possible through a relationship with Jesus.

 

Do you have a personal relationship with Him?

 

If you have that relationship, have you allowed things to come between you and your Savior?

 

This has been a Great Passage.  I pray that you will remember the five great things we noticed in this passage

·      A Great Need

·      A Great Helper

·      A Great Supplier

·      His Great Resources

·      The Great and Glorious Channel

 

My prayer as we leave this grand letter of Paul’s is that you will take with you the Hope and confidence in our glorious God and Savior Jesus Christ –

·      To live Christ

·      Pray about everything

·      Learn contentment

·      I Can Through Christ

·      God will meet your need

 

Peace – sweet peace – that often-elusive quality that men seek after – can be found only in our priceless Savior.

 

Paul concludes this letter in verses 20 –23 with a fitting benediction for the saints who are in Philippi of his day (and to us today) – “To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Greet all the saints in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send greetings. All the saints send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar's household. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.”

 

 

 

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------