Saturday, November 17, 2018

Eternal Promise




November 17

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 16

Verse of the Day: Ezekiel 16:62 – “And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am Jehovah;”

In this 16th chapter of Ezekiel, we read of God’s great love for Jerusalem. Even through her unfaithfulness, harlotry, and adultery (idol worship), God still loved her. Why? Because He had made a covenant with Abraham (Genesis 15) that He had promised to honor forever.

God, through His grace has made a covenant with us when we accept the gift of His Son, and this is a final and lasting commitment. Forgiveness, mercy, grace, and restoration is ours because of His covenant – His New Testament sealed with the blood of His Son, Jesus.

Prayer: Eternal Father, Author of Grace and Salvation, I pause today to wonder at the depth of this marvelous Grace that You have provided for me. When I accepted Your free gift of Salvation, I received Your eternal promise and acceptance. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------