Friday, November 9, 2018

I did it my way



November 9

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 51 - 52

Verse of the Day: Jeremiah 52:27b – “So Judah was carried away captive out of his land.”

A short simple sentence. Plain. Impossible to misunderstand.

God had warned His people over and over again. Prophet after prophet. And still they refused to return to Him. They set their hearts to do their own thing, their own way, in their own time. So, when the Babylonians came in 586 B.C. and carried them away, whom did they have to blame? Nobody but themselves.

That same story could be written about many people. Maybe it could be written about you or me. Have we heard God’s words and still think we can get by doing it our way, in our own time? If so, we are walking on shifting sand and borrowed time.

Prayer: God of all time, today as I ponder my life, I see areas that I have taken control of and seek to do my own way. Take them back and guide me in all You do. Amen.







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------