Wednesday, November 14, 2018

In the dark...



November 14

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 7 - 9

Verse of the Day: Ezekiel 8:12 – “Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the elders of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in his chambers of imagery? for they say, Jehovah seeth us not; Jehovah hath forsaken the land.”

The religious people of Ezekiel’s day were engrossed in adding pagan beliefs into their practices of their worship of God. Yet, they knew this would be displeasing to God, thus the emphasis on them practicing this “in the dark.”

They viewed God in strictly limited, human terms. They professed Him as omniscient and omnipresent, but practiced as if He was limited in knowing and seeing what they believed and the resultant behavior.

Prayer: All-knowing and All-seeing God, search me today and expose the areas where I act inconsistent with my stated beliefs. Expose my failing to act in accordance with what I claim about You. I want to live as I proclaim, act as I say, and speak what I am willing to live. 







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------