Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Right relationships




November 20

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 22 – 23

Verse of the Day: Ezekiel 22:4 – “Thou art become guilty in thy blood that thou hast shed, and art defiled in thine idols which thou hast made; and thou hast caused thy days to draw near, and art come even unto thy years: therefore have I made thee a reproach unto the nations, and a mocking to all the countries.”

Verse 1 – 5 of this chapter focuses upon the sins of Jerusalem – principally the sin of bloodshed (social sins) and idolatry (spiritual sin). When we are not right in our vertical relationship with God, it inevitably results in some degree of injustice and injury in our horizontal dealing with man.

We cannot separate one from the other. If I am not right with my fellow man, my relationship with the Father will not be right. If it is not right with God, it will not be right with my fellow man. But vertical and horizontal relationships need to be correct for a pure life.

Prayer: Father, I want to be right with both you and my fellow man. Guide me. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------