Friday, November 23, 2018

Stop and Listen





November 23


Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 29 – 31

Verse of the Day: Ezekiel 30:1 – “The word of Jehovah came again unto me, saying,”

Over and over again, Ezekiel (and the other prophets) emphasize that God was speaking to them. Have you ever wished God would speak directly to you? I have. And, over the years, I have come to realize that God does speak directly to me. When? When I take time to read His Word (the Bible) slowly and allow it to sink into my thoughts and actions.

God still speaks to a person – through His Word. When we read, don’t rush through it, slowly let it be absorbed by our minds, our wills, and our emotions. When we do, we will find that He has been speaking – we just needed to stop and listen.

Prayer: Author of the Scriptures, I am so sorry that I hurry through the words and lessons that You have for me. I sometimes just read without thinking – and I miss Your voice. Today, as I spend time with you, I will stop and listen to what it is You are telling me. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------