Sunday, November 25, 2018

Yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin




November 25

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 34 – 35

Verse of the Day: Ezekiel 34:16 – “I will seek that which was lost, and will bring back that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but the fat and the strong I will destroy; I will feed them in justice.”

Manipulation. It is a temptation that challenges leaders. It doesn’t matter how large or small your position, it lurks in the background calling with a sirens song of follow. 

Many times we hold positions of authority that gives us the right to claim certain honors. We may be in position to be able to demand the right to be listened to. But, as a true follower of Christ, we must resist that siren song at all costs. As the old song says, “Yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin.”

Prayer: Lord and Master, I may find myself in the position to demand my rights today, to show forth my authority, to display my strength – hold my mouth and thoughts so that I may only walk as You have for me. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------