Monday, July 16, 2018

Emote it




July 16

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 19 – 21

Verse of the Day: Psalm 19:1 - 3 – “The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament showeth his handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech, And night unto night showeth knowledge. There is no speech nor language; Their voice is not heard.”

The Psalms record in powerfully poetic language the response of the individual to God. Desperate cries to shouts of ecstasy, all proclaim the innermost feelings of the writer. Even though they had been a part of the communal worship of the nation, each one was composed by an individual as a reaction to their encounter with life and God.

We can use them in public worship – but maybe we can gain the most of them as we claim them for our own individual needs and emotions before God. 

Prayer: God, I come to You today open and exposed – may I use all my emotions to express what I feel and what I need to say. Open my heart, Lord. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------