Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Be still and know Me




July 25

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 44 – 46

Verse of the Day: Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

We go through our days in the midst of noise. Not just audible sounds, but the noise of our thoughts and the noise of confusion. We are so busy that we cease to hear the still small voice of God as He communicates to us. When is the last time that you took just five minutes to sit in silence before God? Habakkuk 2:20 states – “But Jehovah is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.” Today, in the noisy busy schedule you have, carve out just 5 minutes and sit in solitude listening for the voice of the One who loves you so.

Prayer: Loving Heavenly father, I am taking the time to listen for Your precious voice. Speak as I revel in Your stillness and quiet. May I draw so much closer to You in this time. May I desire it each day of my life. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------