Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Burden Bearer




July 28

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 53 – 55

Verse of the Day: Psalm 55:22 – “Cast thy burden upon Jehovah, and he will sustain thee: He will never suffer the righteous to be moved.”

Have you ever experienced a severe grief in your life? Have you ever felt desolate? Have you every wished that someone could take the burden off of your shoulders? David gives us a solution to this feeling. 

God is longing to take the burden, carry it, and even remove it – but He won’t force you to give it up. He is waiting for you to risk the step of faith and giving it to Him. We must do this ourselves. And, when we do, we find that God is there, he is constant (Psa. 55:19) and a true friend (Psa. 27:10). There is never a burden too big or too hard for Him.

Prayer: Almighty God, this burden that I carry is too much for me. I have tried to shoulder it, to muscle through, to do it myself. I admit I can’t. Today, I freely and fully give to You ­­­­­_____________. I trust You and Your Word. I am thankful for Your freedom. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------