Sunday, July 29, 2018

No Fear




July 29

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 56 – 58

Verse of the Day: Psalm 56:3 – “ What time I am afraid, I will put my trust in thee.”

Are we seeing a pattern in these readings? Earlier we spoke of the Psalms being like the first five books of the Old Testament. These readings are coming from the second division, the one that corresponds to Exodus. Exodus is about deliverance and redemption. The Psalms we have been reading we see this pictured. The portrayal of a cry for deliverance from something, and the resolution being God. David in this song sings about fear in the midst of trials, he is praying for relief from his tormentors.

Where does the solution for our fear come from? From God. And how does it come? By my trusting Him. He holds all things in His hand and His plan. I need only trust Him.

Prayer: Today as I see the fearful things around me, I will be as David trusting You, O God, my strength and salvation. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------