Monday, July 30, 2018

Deliver me




July 30

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 59 – 61

Verse of the Day: Psalm 59:1 – “Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: Set me on high from them that rise up against me.”

The three psalms we read today are songs of lament. We find David seeking God’s intervention at various points in his life. We also find a confidence in the One whom David is looking to. David did not feel a total helplessness in these situations, because he put his trust and hope not in himself, but in God.

When we find ourselves in desperate and sometimes hopeless situations today, we can join with David by looking toward the One who is able to deliver and provide what we lack. When we place our hope firmly in God, we can rest assured that He is capable and willing to deliver.

Prayer: Almighty and all powerful God of Creation, keep me in the shadow of Your Love. Provide Your mercy and grace, so that I may then sing Your praises to all. As I walk in Your way, let my rejoice in Your works. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------