Sunday, June 9, 2019

Deity exposed




June 9

Daily Bible Reading: John 18:1 - 23

Verse of the Day: John 18:4 – 6 – “Jesus therefore, knowing all the things that were coming upon him, went forth, and saith unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When therefore he said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.”

This passage found in John’s Gospel shows us that Jesus did not die as a victim at the hands of man. Jesus, the Christ, was in control of all that took place. He was not overpowered, not caught by surprise, He could have escaped this ordeal.

In a brief instant, Jesus unveiled His majesty. His statement of deity “I AM” manifested His glory that literally cast the soldiers to the ground. He went voluntarily to the Cross for you and me.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I praise and thank You that You went to the Cross to pay my debt and because You did, I can be forgiven before the Father. May Your Name be praised. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------