Thursday, June 27, 2019

Scattered



June 27

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 8:1 – 25

Verse of the Day: Acts 8:1b – “And there arose on that day a great persecution against the church which was in Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.”

In chapters 8 – 12 we see a time of dynamic growth. During this period of around 12 years the church grew and spread out from Jerusalem to Judea and to Samaria. 

Some have wondered why God would allow a great persecution to come against the church in Jerusalem. I believe in reading and studying that part of the reason was that they were not obeying Him. In Acts 1:8, He had instructed them on what they were to do, and here years later they had focused on Jerusalem and had not gone out as He had commanded them. This verse tells us that He scattered them to do what He had called them to do.

Prayer: Father, help me to determine if why I am facing these struggles is that I am not following Your plan and purpose for my life. Help me to see and correct my ways. Amen.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------