Sunday, June 23, 2019

Too busy



June 23

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 6

Verse of the Day: Acts 6:1 – “Now in these days, when the number of the disciples was multiplying, there arose a murmuring of the Grecian Jews against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.”

So often we can become so busy, so overwhelmed in the hectic, breakneck schedules that we keep that we overlook some of the more important things. The idea of the tyranny of the urgent can cause us to look after the most pressing areas without considering the most important.

My schedule can get booked up fast with the many needs around me, that I fail to see the most important things. One of the single, simple, sometimes silent things that I can quickly overlook is that of helping. Helping those who may not be able to normally catch my attention because I am so busy.

Prayer: Father, today give me eyes, ears, and a heart to watch for those who need a helping hand. Those who You have placed around me to allow me to be You before them. 

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------