Saturday, June 8, 2019

He Prayed for Me!



June 8

Daily Bible Reading: John 17

Verse of the Day: John 17:20 – “Neither for these only do I pray, but for them also that believe on me through their word;”

In this prayer of Jesus, often times referred to as His “High Priestly Prayer,” Jesus first prays for Himself, then His disciples around Him (v.9), and finally starting at verse 20 for all who will follow. This part of the prayer is for you and me today.

He prays specifically for two things in regard to us, our unity in the Body (vv.20-23), and our glory in the future (vv.24-26).

He starts by praying for our unity that the world would then see the reality of Jesus’ love. The world finds it hard to understand Jesus’ love for them when they do not see us loving one another. He has commanded us to love each other as He loves us. Do we really show the love of Christ by our actions today? Do we make the world want what we have?

Prayer: Jesus, I know that You included me in Your prayer that day, and now I need to allow You to work in me to show Your Love. 



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------