Sunday, February 2, 2020

IMITATORS OF GOD

"Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy." Matthew 5:7 (CSB)


So, how can we develop the outward action of mercy?

Let’s consider Ephesians 5: 1-2 (CSB) – “Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children, and walk in love, as Christ also loved us and gave himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God.”

We must become a mimicker of God.  (Greek word – “mimetes”). Like a favorite child of the Father, we imitate Him.

To live my life like Christ. How? In a state of love. His love was such that He gave Himself for us. He was willing to be a sacrifice and gift for us.

To provide forgiveness always costs someone something. Forgiveness is never free. It always has a cost attached. Someone pays for the wrong. When we forgive, we pay for the wrong placed upon us.

We are to yield our rights up – not exactly the way we hear it today. We live in a world that demands their rights. However, if I am a Kingdom citizen, I give my rights to God. You see that what I have is His. And I can trust Him as He controls the outcome of every action.

To be merciful demands that I imitate my Father, and my Savior.

Hard? Yes.

Worth it? Absolutely.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------