Friday, May 17, 2019

Finished Work



May 17

Daily Bible Reading: John 6:22 – 44

Verse of the Day: John 6:39 – “And this is the will of him that sent me, that of all that which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.”

This verse brings us great encouragement. It reminds us that our salvation is resting entirely upon God’s strength, not our own. My safety and my protection are based upon Christ’s power and the Father’s firm grip, not on my own. I am so thankful; I can be so weak, unsure, so wavering with the circumstances around me. He is forever steady. No one, not even Satan can break the connection between Jesus and me. How can I say that, am I boasting? In a way, I am. I am boasting in the death, burial, and resurrection of my Savior. He was perfect, His death purchased me, and I can rest assured in His provision. He finished the work on the Cross once and forever. And that finished work holds me for all eternity.

Prayer: Jesus, I praise You today. I worship You for the great finished work that You then supplied my salvation, my adoption into the family of God. Hallelujah, what a Savior. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------