Thursday, May 2, 2019

Replaced




May 2

Daily Bible Reading: Luke 23:1 – 26

Verse of the Day: Luke 23:18 – “But they cried out all together, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas:”

Luke wants us to see that not only the Jewish leaders, but the populace called for the death of Jesus. The people preferred a murderer, a seditious man in the place of Jesus. How could this have been? Surely, I would have spoke differently that day. Would I?

It is a blessing that Jesus was sent to the Cross. Without the sacrificial death of Christ, I would still be in my sins today (and, by the way, so would you). The substitution of Jesus for this noted murderer was no fluke; it foreshadowed the substitutionary death of Jesus for all mankind. Jesus went to the Cross to be my substitute. He went to be yours. What a blessing that Jesus not only died to spare Barabbas that day, He died to spare you and me today.

Prayer: Father, thank You that You had a plan and means that I could be forgiven, changed, and restored. I am Barabbas. And I am overwhelmed at Your Love and Grace.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------