Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Power over Death




May 29

Daily Bible Reading: John 11:18 – 46

Verse of the Day: John 11:25 – “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth on me, though he die, yet shall he live;”

We left Lazarus dead in yesterday’s reading. Today we see the power of Jesus over death.

To our view, death is final. But, in the view of Jesus, death does not have the final word, if we are believers and live in Christ. Jesus is the Lord of all life and has the power over death and life. He can raise the dead to life.

When He made the promise we read two days ago, we see that He has the power to make that promise. He said that we can have eternal life, and He has the ability to give us that life.

I don’t know about you, but I can put my trust in One who has done what He ahs promised in the past. I can trust Him with my life now and forever.

Prayer: Jesus, I am trusting You with my present life, knowing that as Your child I have received eternal life. I praise You! Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------