Saturday, February 10, 2018

Be Holy




February 10

Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 10 – 12

Verse of the Day: Leviticus 11:25 – “For I am Jehovah that brought you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.”

Holy. In Hebrew, the word is qâdôsh. It means to be set apart, separate, or sacred. As I read these words that God spoke to His chosen people, I realize that as I get to know my God better, the more I want to be like Him. He is holy; I want to be holy. He is good; I want to be good. He is love; I want to show love. He is in control; I do not need to go through life in a panic.

The rules and laws of the Old Testament seem to hold me back from having what I want. Yet, as I meditate and consider what God is doing, I come to realize that He is giving me the instructions on how to have a full life – one with provisions and protection that He can give.

Prayer: Holy One, help me to understand and obey the provisions You have made for my life – and may I accept Your loving care and protection. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------