Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Donkey Speaks




February 28

Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 21 – 24

Verse of the Day: Numbers 22:28 – “And Jehovah opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?”

I have always loved this story. Imagine, a talking donkey. But what has always caught my attention is that Balaam answers the donkey in the next verse like it is normal to converse with animals. I don’t know about you, but having a donkey speak to me would get my attention real quick. And, that was God’s purpose in doing this.

Balaam was being brought to curse the Israelites – but God forbid him from doing that. In the remaining chapters today, we see Balaam 4 times speak words of blessing – even under threats – and God blessed him and preserved him.

We are called today to speak good of the nation of Israel and not evil. Do you do this?

Prayer: Father of Israel guide my thought and words to praise your nation. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------