Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Ask specifically




March 5

Daily Bible Reading: Mark 10:32 – 52

Verse of the Day: Mark 10:51 – “And Jesus answered him, and said, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? And the blind man said unto him, Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.”

I have often thought about this passage, and wondered why Jesus would ask a blind man what he wanted Him to do. Don’t you think this would be obvious?

However, as I have pondered this over the years, I have come to the conclusion that Jesus was not seeking what the man wanted, He was wanting the man to ask for what he wanted. Jesus knew. Being a beggar, it was not unusual for them to call out to those passing by for mercy (wanting money). Jesus wanted this man to show his faith in Him that he would ask for the very thing he needed most. Sight. Jesus then gave it to him.

Today, when you pray to Jesus for something, be specific in the request that you make. He is waiting for you to ask.

Prayer: Jesus, I come to You in full assurance that You hear and answer. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------