Monday, March 25, 2019

Convicted




March 25

Daily Bible Reading: Luke 4:33 – 44

Verse of the Day: Luke 4:38 – 39 – “And he rose up from the synagogue, and entered into the house of Simon. And Simon's wife's mother was holden with a great fever; and they besought him for her. And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she rose up and ministered unto them.”

As I was pondering this account in Mark, I became aware of an important point in it. I have always focused on the importance of Jesus’ healing ministry here. I have also saw that the Apostles had lives like ours, they worked, they married, they had the same everyday occurrences.

What struck me in reading this account again and meditating on it was that she “immediately she rose up and ministered unto them.” How often does God work in our lives and we don’t do anything in response? How should we respond to His blessing?

Prayer: Father, forgive me for the many blessings I have received and taken them so lightly. I praise You for Your care. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------