Saturday, March 9, 2019

Complete, Unabandoned Love




March 9

Daily Bible Reading: Mark 12:28 – 44

Verse of the Day: Mark 12:27 – “Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one: and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.”

The Scribes asked, “What commandment is the first of all?” Or, what is the most important commandment for us? Jesus never hesitated when He responded with the about statement. Knowing about God is an important pursuit in life. Knowing God is major importance, yet it is only half of the story.

We must not only know about God (the demons do and tremble, James 2:19), it is vital to know God, but the ultimate response to knowing God is to love Him. Love Him with every part of us. Today, meditate upon where God is in my life, and do I love Him in totality.

Prayer: Gracious God, it is my heart’s desire to love You with all my totality. I fail so often, and I ask your forgiveness. Help me to turn my every thought, my life to loving You every moment of every day. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------