Monday, March 11, 2019

Present, active, imperative




March 11


Daily Bible Reading: Mark 13:14 – 37


Verse of the Day: Mark 13:33 – “Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.”

This verse is in the present, active, imperative form in the Greek. That’s a mouthful that means that it is of high importance. It means that it is taking place continuously right now (present), that I am to do it (active), as it is commanded by Jesus (imperative).

Taking heed means that I am to see and perceive my surroundings. To watch literally means to not be sleeping. To pray means to be in communication with God. Since we do not know when Jesus is coming back, we are to be in active anticipation and preparation for His return. That should make a major difference in how we live our lives each day. Constant vigilance in or watching for Him will help us to walk in the right way and live the right life.

Prayer: Coming King, I eagerly wait in anticipation of seeing You. I turn my thoughts and life to watching for Your return. I know that it may be years, or it could happen before I finish this sentence. Come. Amen.





No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------