Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Who will betray Him?





March 12


Daily Bible Reading: Mark 14:1 – 25

Verse of the Day: Mark 14:17 – “And when it was evening he cometh with the twelve. And as they sat and were eating, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you shall betray me, even he that eateth with me. They began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I?”

Imagine being at the table with the Lord that night. He says that one of them would betray Him. The question that they each asked is actually worded in the Greek as a negative question that would imply a negative answer. Each expected Him to say, No, not you. Yet, before the evening ends, Judas betrays with a kiss, Peter betrays with his denial of Jesus, and all of them had run away.

Don’t we do the same today? We think, “Oh no, I would never betray Jesus.” Yet, in our own ways we do exactly that. It is because of grace that we have the forgiveness and relationship we have.

Prayer, Jesus I praise You for Your marvelous Grace and Mercy. I live today because of what You have done in me. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------