Sunday, March 31, 2019

Great Faith




March 30

Daily Bible Reading: Luke 7:1 – 30

Verse of the Day: Luke 7:9 – 10 – “And when Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned and said unto the multitude that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole.”

This is one of the only two places in the New Testament that says that Jesus marveled. In Mark 6:6, he marveled at the unbelief of those in His hometown. Here, He marvels at the faith of a Gentile.

Think about the contrast. Those who were of Israel didn’t believe Him, the Centurion believed. Do we who know Him lack trusting faith in His ability to meet our day-to-day needs? Do we lack the belief system that trusts Him to accomplish what only He can do? Do we need to re-evaluate our trust and faith. Pause today, and seek to have Jesus “marvel” at us in the right way.

Prayer: Jesus, I believe, help my unbelief. I ask You to strengthen my faith in You and Your ability to uphold me today. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------