Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Am I listening?




June 5

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles 17 – 19

Verse of the Day: 2 Chronicles 18:6 – “But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of Jehovah besides, that we may inquire of him?

In the account that we read today, Jehoshaphat inquires of King Ahab whether there was a prophet of the One true God to seek counsel from instead of the false prophets that they were listening to. I always found Ahab’s response a little humorous – basically – “Yes there is, but he usually gives me bad news about my relationship with God.”

Are we guilty of not listening to God’s Word because it shows our sinful separation from God? Is it better not to hear, or to hear and get right with God? In our account, because Ahab rejected the message it cost him his life. What might we be missing by rejecting God’s warnings?

Prayer: Holy Spirit, today open my ears and my heart to hear and obey the message that God has for me. Help me to be responsive to His Words. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------