Friday, June 29, 2018

Where, O where is my hope?




June 29

Daily Bible Reading: Job 16 – 18

Verse of the Day: Job 17:15 – “Where then is my hope? And as for my hope, who shall see it?”

Have you ever felt this way? Remember the old song on “Hee-Haw” – “Doom, despair, and agony on me. If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.” As I have read through the Book of Job many times, I often turn there when I find my days like this.

When the days around us steal our joy, our confidence, and our assurance – we need to turn our attention away from the trials and to God who holds all things in His hand. As you read His Word, notice how that none of His promises ever failed. Notice that He loves us unconditionally, and that He promises to bring us home to Him.

He will restore our hope. How? It is because He is our hope.

Prayer: Precious God, I believe, help my unbelief. Restore my confidence in Your precious hand of help and hope. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------