Friday, June 8, 2018

What's your "PQ"?





June 8

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles 26 – 28

Verse of the Day: 2 Chronicles 26:16 – “But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up, so that he did corruptly, and he trespassed against Jehovah his God; for he went into the temple of Jehovah to burn incense upon the altar of incense.”

The fall of Lucifer (the Devil) came about because of his pride. Someone has said that the middle of the word pride is I. Satan uses this item that defeated him before God as a vicious weapon in his arsenal of attacks. We are all vulnerable to this sin. Sometimes it hides itself as a “humble” approach. Uzziah allowed it to destroy him.

Today, check your “PQ” (pride quotient) by seeing how many times you talk about yourself. Count how many times you say “I” and take the cue that the problem could grow.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, fill me with Yourself so that I no longer see myself. Remove the Devil’s tool and let me serve You in my entirety. Amen 







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------