Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Clear Conscience



July 24

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 24

Verse of the Day: Acts 24:16 – “Herein I also exercise myself to have a conscience void of offence toward God and men always.”

What a great thought for us to seek. The importance of a clear, free from blame conscience is undervalued today. We must beware, when we continue to allow the little things that are not right to be accepted, we harden our conscience. We lose the ability to be blameless before others and before God.

Paul says he exercised himself, and anyone who follows an exercise regimen knows that it takes willpower and work to accomplish it. God has forgiven us, we are clean before Him because of the blood of Christ, but are we truly exercising our will to be blameless before Him? I rest in Christ’s provision, but I also have the balancing need to seek to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus (2 Peter 3:18).

Prayer, Gracious Heavenly Father, I seek to have a clear, blameless conscience before You. I will fail, but with Your help I will seek to walk in Your path and follow my example, Jesus Christ. May what I do be for His Glory. Amen.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------