Thursday, July 25, 2019

Ambassador Commission



July 25

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 25

Verse of the Day: Acts 25:11 – “If then I am a wrong-doer, and have committed anything worthy of death, I refuse not to die; but if none of those things is true whereof these accuse me, no man can give me up unto them. I appeal unto Caesar.”

The Roman Empire was the ruling power (on earth) in Paul’s day. Paul was born a Roman citizen. Being a citizen carried certain rights, responsibilities, and status. When it suited his needs, Paul would use his citizenship status to frustrate his enemies. Other times he would use his status of a Jew trained under the great Gamaliel.

We are citizens of Heaven. We have gained this privilege by receiving Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We should use our status as children and citizens of the King rightly. He has sent us as ambassadors for Him. Let us stand proud and strong in His commission today.

Prayer: Sovereign King of Creation, as Your child and citizen, I bow humbly before You and You alone. I am sent to be Your Ambassador, may I humbly stand in this commission. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------