Thursday, July 11, 2019

Attitude Check




July 11

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 16:16 – 40

Verse of the Day: Acts 16:25 – “But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns unto God, and the prisoners were listening to them;”

We never know what effect we might have on those around us. Paul and Silas, beaten and chained in prison at Philippi were about to have a major effect.

This account reminds me how important it is that I understand that I daily make a choice about my attitude. It can cripple me or give me a boost to go forward. It will either fuel my fire or assault my hope. However, my attitude does not only affect me, it will affect those around me.

Paul and Silas singing hymns to God and praying affected the other prisoners, and eventually would lead to the salvation of the jailer and his family. 

What does my attitude say to those around me?

Prayer: Father, encourage me to always have an attitude that shows You to others. 




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------