Thursday, July 18, 2019

All IN!



July 18

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 20:17 – 38

Verse of the Day: Acts 20:22 – “And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:”

Paul is telling the Ephesian elders that he is going to Jerusalem. He admits to them that he has no idea what may happen to him there, yet as he goes on to explain he is strictly following the Holy Spirit. In reality, that is what this Christian life is all about. Going… yet not knowing. That is being all in, trusting completely, totally surrendered. I need to check my stance. Am I all in?

In verse 24, Paul goes on to say, “But I hold not my life of any account as dear unto myself, so that I may accomplish my course, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”

Prayer: Grace giving God, may I be in total submission to Your Will and mission. May I follow Paul’s example and not count my life and plans more important than Yours. May I too be able to finish the course and ministry You give to me. All is Yours. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------