Monday, July 15, 2019

Do the Demons Know You?



July 15

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 19:1 – 20

Verse of the Day: Acts 19:15 – “And the evil spirit answered and said unto them, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?”

This is an interesting account in the Book of Acts. In that day the use of magical names in incantations was commonplace. Jewish mystics enjoyed prestige because they claimed to know the sacred name of God and use it to release the full power of God.

In our account today, 7 sons of a Jewish priest were exorcists, and they grabbed hold of Jesus’ name to use in their incantations. When they sought to use this incantation against a real demon in a man, this demon spoke out, attacked them, and then sent them running. They learned a vital lesson for us even today, it is not enough to know the name of Jesus; we must know Him personally.

Prayer: Jesus, I know a lot about You. I am in awe of You. I praise You. But, I realize that this is worthless unless I know You personally. Check my heart, may I know not only about You but may I know You personally. Cleanse me, draw me close, I trust You for my eternity.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------