Monday, July 22, 2019

When I Can't See His Way




July 22

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 23:1 – 11

Verse of the Day: Acts 23:11 – “And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer: for as thou hast testified concerning me at Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.”

Paul’s friends had all warned him not to go to Jerusalem. Agabus had prophesied that Paul would be bound in Jerusalem. Paul knew that God wanted him to go there.

Yet, as the events played out, perhaps Paul began to question his decision. He had written to the Roman believers of his desire to come to them. Now, it appeared that he was facing his possible demise.

Yet, he was under the Sovereign care of God, Paul’s chains in Jerusalem would take him to Rome. He would have his opportunity to spread the Gospel again.

Prayer: Sovereign God, I often cannot see how I can accomplish what You have called me to do. I must learn to trust Your Heart when I cannot see Your Hand. You can bring about Your glory in ways that I cannot imagine. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------