Saturday, July 27, 2019

I Told You So



July 27

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 27:1 – 25

Verse of the Day: Acts 27:21 – 22 – “And when they had been long without food, then Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said, Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have set sail from Crete, and have gotten this injury and loss. And now I exhort you to be of good cheer; for there shall be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship.”

Can you imagine the Apostle Paul saying, “I told you so.” The very thing that he had warned the sailors about was now taking place. And they were all in great throes of fear. Paul stands up and says, “I told you so.” 

But, he doesn’t use it against them, he is reminding them so that when he now tells them the good news that they will all survive, they will believe and listen to him. 

We must continually warn others about the destiny outside of Jesus, and then use it to share with them the truth of salvation through Christ.

Prayer: Father, help me to warn others about the end of those who reject Christ, but in love, let me tell them how to avoid this end.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------