Wednesday, July 10, 2019

When God Shuts the Door



July 10

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 16:1 – 15

Verse of the Day: Acts 16:6 – 7 – “And they went through the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden of the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia; and when they were come over against Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia; and the Spirit of Jesus suffered them not;”

The Holy Spirit had shut the door on Paul’s southwesterly move and his northern path. So, Paul was seeking God where he should go when he was given the Macedonian vision. He knew this was the way, and went there.

Often in my life I have been presented with a decision of a direction to go in God’s service. During such times, I pray sincerely for God to “shut the door” if this was not His will. And, I can truthfully say that many times He has slammed that door shut. I know that when He closes the door, He has another avenue for me to take. I like the old quote from the Sound of Music, “When God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.” 

Prayer, Father help me see the closed door as Your directing me to something better in You.






No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------