Wednesday, December 25, 2019

The Reason for the Season




December 25

Daily Bible Reading: Revelation 16

Verse of the Day: Revelation 16:15 – “(Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.)

Christmas Day. The day we celebrate the entrance of Jesus into time and space. He came from His throne on Heaven, robed Himself in human flesh, and began the one-way trek to the Cross of Calvary.

As I pondered upon this verse in our reading today, I know the setting is the preparation for the Battle of Armageddon, but I couldn’t help but think that this statement of Jesus could have been made that night in Bethlehem. The Creator of the Universe slipped into time and space hardly noticed but by a few shepherds. Today, in the midst of the celebration, don’t let Jesus be ignored, not noticed like a thief. Make Him the center of the Day and Celebrations. Focus on Him. Pause and worship the One who makes all things possible.

Prayer: Jesus, I make You the center of my thoughts, thanks, and total celebration today. You are the Reason for the Season, and my life. 



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------